It’s been a while since I posted a RPG Survivor quandary for everyone to chew upon. That’s actually a shame and I should be cast into the depths of some horrific pit for letting such a good series go idle.
Given my recent inability to get a video off the ground for this Trilogy of Terror, I’ve been looking for a replacement idea. Cue up the terrors, today I think I’ve come upon a good question to fill both needs on my schedule…
The end is nigh.
The Zombies / Aliens / Robots / Plague Infested / Demons / Creatures from Beyond / Whatever have moved from our nightmares to reality.
They’re on the hunt and they’re twisted versions of something we already know and fear.
Today’s question is a simple, but terrifying, one: What real creature / monster of the apocalypse hybrid is most fearful and why?
The question is open for discussion, though ground-rules apply:
- Describe or identify something that lives (or has lived) in reality that, when combined with an alien / zombie / demonic / robotic menace ups the fear factor of the thing to 11.
- Specifically, describe why such a hybrid would make the ultimate horror and what apocalyptic monstrosity you’re creating your hybrid from:
- Feel free to let your imagination wander. But be prepared to defend your choice.
- Since I’ve already taken a few of the easy ones, points* for selecting something outside the norm that makes us all pause and take notice.
- If you like a hybrid identified by someone else, chime in on why you think it’s a great choice of terror.
- Think someone isn’t thinking their response through enough? Find a flaw in someone’s decision? Tell us and explain why.
- For those really interested in racking up some points*, describe the worst possible location to be caught at in the event of your hybrid attacking.
The floor is open on this final Trilogy of Terror post… now let’s amp up the scare and share some terrors…
*Points are for discussion only, nothing can be won by this non-contest.
Remember, we’re all doomed.
It’s just a matter of how and when.
So tell me, what horrifying monstrosity will be your demise?