Rather than bemoan his absence for the past 3 years, I felt a better homage to the Master on the anniversary of his passing was to generate a new role playing game and release it to the public.
This one’s for you Gary; my attempt to broaden the appeal of a beloved pastime you brought to our attention.
How to Train Your Dragon the RPG
A role playing game based on the movie How to Train Your Dragon
©2010 DreamWorks Animation LLC. All Rights Reserved.
So tonight, turn off the TV.
Download a copy and steal a handful of d6s from all those boardgames in the closet.
Get your kids, their friends and your friends to create some viking dragon trainers.
Then come up with a scenario or two to toss at ‘em and just let the magic happen.
- The Dragon Training Academy has begun new classes. You and your friends are the newest students. How will you fare during training?
- As a special test at the end of Dragon Training, you and your friends have been tasked with retrieving a special flower from across the sea. What could possibly go wrong?
- Vikings from a different island, who have not yet learned the joys of having dragons as pets, believe dragons have infested your homeland and attack. You must protect both your pet and your home while trying to convince the other Vikings that the dragons aren’t a threat.
- A group of dragons begins to raid your homeland. These new dragons are the pets of a rival island. How will you defend your homes against other dragon trainers?
- A dragon has gone missing. Where has it gone?
- The Red Death has returned for round 2!
- I didn’t ask permission to use this Intellectual Property.
- All rights are retained by their respective owners.
- I make no claim to the rights of any of the restricted or protected works used in the making of this role playing game.